Manekineko Museum of Art
Overflowing with cute manekineko inviting fortune!
This museum houses a collection of manekineko (lucky cats) with raised hands inviting fortune in, a popular figure in Japan since ancient times. The museum features some 700 “lucky” cats collected from all over Japan—a collection that is sure to please visitors with each statue depicting its own unique look. Filling out inorifuda (paper for writing prayers on) and hanging the wishes on bamboo in the museum or on the museum’s walls is a popular attraction at the museum (free). In addition, visitors can paint their very own manekineko for a truly unique creation, which they can take home as a fortune-filled souvenir.
- 865-1 Kanayamaji, Kita Ward, Okayama City, Okayama Prefecture
- 9 min by taxi from JR Bizen-Hara Sta.; 20 min by taxi from JR Okayama Sta.
- Business Hours
- 10:00am – 5:00pm (Last admission 4:30pm)
- Wednesdays, New Year’s Holiday
- General admission 600 yen; students 300 yen (elementary and junior high)