Handayama Botanical Garden
Botanical garden located on a hill with a full view of Okayama City
Handayama Botanical Garden is located in a hilly area near downtown Okayama City. Approx. forty-five varieties of 1,000 cherry trees cover the entire mountain in pink when the trees come into full bloom. Cherry Blossom Festivals held in season. Visitors can enjoy fantastic night view of cherry blossoms and purchase souvenirs.
The 110,000 ㎡ garden is home to 3,200 varieties of 150,000 plants. Visitors are treated to flowers and greenery throughout the year.
- 3-1, Hokaiin, Kita Ward, Okayama City, Okayama Prefecture
- 15 min. on foot from JR Hokaiin Station
15 min. by car from Okayama IC on the Sanyo Expwy.
- Business Hours
- 9:00am – 4:30pm (last admission 4:00pm)
- Tuesdays (or the following day if Tuesday is a holiday), New Year’s Holiday (Dec. 29 – Jan. 3)
- General 310 yen; 6-14 age 125 yen; 0-5 age free
- Number of cherry trees
- approx. 45 varieties of approx. 1,000 cherry trees
- When cherry blossoms are in season
- Late March to Early April
- 85 vehicles (300 yen), 12 buses (820 yen)
- Universally designed (Accessible for all people regardless of age/disabilities)
- Wheelchair accessible toilet ／Rental wheelchairs