Koyagawa Bikan Historical Quarter
Precious history and beautiful scenery carefully preserved
Cherry and willow trees lining the Koya River create an especially beautiful sight in season. The Doll Festival takes place during the cherry blossom season at the beginning of April.
The traditional townscape along this river includes the oldest church in Okayama Prefecture, and the street is included in the list of 100 Great Streets in Japan. The atmosphere of the area evokes the past, a time of prosperity for the town surrounding Bitchu Matsuyama Castle, known as the castle in the sky.
- Kajimachi, Takahashi City, Okayama Prefecture
- 15 min. on foot from JR Takahashi Station
20 min. by car from Kayo IC on the Okayama Expwy.
- Number of cherry trees
- approx. 50
- When cherry blossoms are in season
- Early April to the mid-April
- 15 vehicles *Bus parking also available