Gaisen Cherry Trees
A row of beautiful cherry trees that decorates spring in this old post town
One hundred and thirty-two cherry trees line both sides of the road running through this former post town. The town is surrounded by beautiful mountains standing 1,000 m high and flourished between the 17th and 19th centuries when samurai walked the streets. From mid- to late April each year, visitors can enjoy the beautiful 400 m long cherry blossom tunnel.
The scenery of this traditional post town and the row of beautiful cherry trees in Shinjo Village are quite unique. They are lighted up at night for special events.
- Kamimachi, Shinjo Village, Maniwa County, Okayama Prefecture
- 40 min. by bus bound for Shinjo from JR Chugoku Katsuyama Station and get off the bus at the Michi-no-Eki Shinjo Mae
15 min. by car from Hiruzen IC on the Yonago Expwy.
- Number of cherry trees
- 132 trees
- When flowers are in season
- The mid-April to Late April
- 45 vehicles, 5 large vehicles